Friday, March 11, 2011

Just Finished....


I've been fascinated by old carnival signage for quite some time, along with those wonderful old carny wagons. I think this interest was born while watching HBO's Carnivale, years ago. That show just dripped atmosphere. It really sparked my imagination, with its colorful carny wagons, and even more colorful characters.
With that in mind, I bought this ceramic glove form, which is fired to the bisque stage, and handpainted this vintage-inspired palm reader advertisement. The beautiful Gypsy fortune teller is taken from an old fortune telling card box. In the palm of the glove form is the "all-seeing eye", or maybe the "third eye", I think it's called.
I did this in acrylics and sealed it with matte sealer. I don't this item listed yet, not sure where I want to list yet, but will let you know when I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment